Aarhus, februari 2013: walking around all day, collecting the coolest Nordic experiences on photo, paper and video. I realised: this is it. This is THE way to find the best content for Nordic Vibes. Be on the spot. Not behind a computer or wait for the Nordic artists to come to Holland, but catch them while they are in their hometown. Talking to people, asking them about their art and more, is the best way to really grasp the Nordic culture and to discover new music, design and more. I built Nordic Vibes and I am continuing to do this, and I hope you can help me after reading more of this story!
I didn’t want to go home. I wanted to stay in Aarhus. After four days there was still so much to see, discover and experience. I wanted to write about is. Capture it on photo. Let you know what is going on in the Nordic Countries, show things you can enjoy at home as well as giving you some tips on where you should go when you are up North.
Turning the ‘want’ into a ‘do’
Now I am turning my ‘want’ into a ‘do’. Next spring I want to leave everything behind and focus on living the Nordic live and write about it while on the go for a whole year. After this year I will review everything I wrote and collect the best of the best to bundle into a printed book, which I now imagine as partially a travel journal, partially interviews and other articles and partially a guide to the nicest places all over Scandinavia.
I can’t do this on my own. I need your support. Yes, financially. But also practically. And probably mentally as well 😉 As you might know, Nordic Vibes is not a big organisation: it’s me, the founder, and five other enthousiatst who broadcast their love for the Nordics on the blog. The income of the few ads don’t cover the little investments I made, such as web hosting and business cards. That’s when your support comes in.
I am not yet sure how much I will need, I will make a calculation on that. This will very possibly also include a list with info about which invested amount you will get you the book ‘for free’ and how much discount you’ll get when you invest x amount of money.
Why should you support me?
– better content on Nordic Vibes
– more content on Nordic Vibes
– a free book or a package or exclusive access to info – details to be confirmed- and depending on your contribution.
You won’t pay for:
– personal costs such as insurance, souvernirs, etc.
– a fun holiday for me (believe me: blogging is hard work when doing it all day!)
This is not a job for everyone, why is it the one for me?
– I am not bound to the Netherlands by work, studies, home or in whatever other way
– I am a go getter.
– I have a bachelors degree in both Journalism and Art Management – great combination for this project, if I may say so!
– I’ve always been a writer. It’s something I do naturally. So doing it every day is not a problem. In fact, it’s awesome!
– I built Nordic Vibes from scratch, it’s my baby and I want to nurture it.
– This is my dream and I am determined to make it come true.
Why shouldn’t you support me?
– You don’t like contemporary Nordic arts & culture
– You want to know exactely when the book will be out and what will be in it (it’s a surprise for mee, too!)
– Ehm.. you are broke?
I plan to launch this project on the Swedish Crowdfunding platform FundedByMe by the end of the year. Keep your eye out on this page for more information!